Whether you want to slice some crusty loaves or carve roast meat, you can’t go wrong with a carving knife. However, when it comes to these two types of knives you have to choose between manual and electric ones.
Manual knives are great but require quite some physical effort to work. They, therefore, aren’t the right choice especially if you want to save time and prepare large quantities of fish, meat, vegetables and so forth.
For that reason, the best electric knife models, though expensive, are most of the time the best thing you can ever invest in. With that said, here are some quick notes to keep in mind:
- Corded electric carving knives have to be plugged into a wall socket
- Cordless carving knives use batteries and don’t have to be plugged into work
- Blade length matters (average length falls in the 7-inch to 9-inch range)
- The longer the warranty period the better (typically 1 to 2 years)
With all that said, it’s important that we now talk about some of the knives that we think are worth checking out. You might notice that some of the cheap carving knives mentioned here are actually better than the expensive ones.
10 Best Electric Carving Knife for the Money – Comparison List
Feel confident enough to make a decision at this point? Here is a quick comparison list compiled just for you. Otherwise, you can proceed to read the full reviews by scrolling further downward.
1. Cuisinart-Electric KnifeCEK-40
Electric knives turn the task of bread slicing, meat cutting, and fish filleting into a breeze. The Cuisinart-Electric KnifeCEK-40 comes with two blades, one for carving meat and a bread slicing blade.
The power switch on the handle is conveniently placed for use by both left and right-hand users. The handle is ergonomically designed for control. The knife also has a safety lock. What’s more, a wooded block storage tray is included.
Above that it is affordable and it is covered by the manufacturer’s three-year warranty.
- It is competitively priced
- Three-year warranty
- Power switch is easy to be operated by both left and right-hand users
- It comes with two blades for meat carving and bread slicing
- Wooden storage tray
- Safety lock
- Ergonomically designed.
- The block can take up space in a small kitchen
- No carrying case
2. American Angler 32352DS Electric Fillet Knife Pro Professional Grade Sportsmen’s Kit
Fillet the toughest fish with ease with this fillet knife. Although the American Angler 32352DSElectric Fillet Knife Pro is not a budget knife, the package includes many accessories to justify the cost. You will receive the fillet knife plus a storage case, gloves and five different kinds of stainless steel blades. More so, it is risk-free with the two-year warranty coverage.
No products found.
Furthermore, it has two times more power than other regular heavy-duty knives to cut through big bones.
Moreover, it is fitted with durable components. The handle is ergonomic in addition, the knife is designed with an airflow design which keeps the knife cool when it is on.
- Advanced airflow design
- Various accessories included
- Two year warranty
- It has two times more torque than other heavy duty models
- It is pricey
3. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife 74250R White Carve ‘n Set
The Hamilton Beach Electric Knife 74250R set includes a blade, fork and carrying case. The blade and fork are made from stainless steel for durability.
The set is perfect for cutting and serving meats and slicing a variety of bread. The knife cuts bread while keeping its texture intact.
The inclusion of a carrying case makes this a portable knife ideal for home use and for outdoor cooking expeditions.
- It is affordable
- The electric knife, blade, and fork are durably constructed
- Carrying case makes it portable
- It slices meats and a wide variety of bread
- The knife can be slippery with greasy hands-grease from the meat you are cutting
4. Black & Decker EK700 Slice Right Electric Knife
You will love this knife for slicing home-baked bread especially for handling difficult to slice bread types like rye bread. It is a competitively priced knife that is covered by the manufacturer’s two-year warranty. It has a 9-inch blade that is a substantial length to cut through meats and slice bread easily.
The knife has an ergonomic design for a controlled grip. Besides, the blades are removable and are dishwasher safe. The blade release button helps to remove the blades quickly. What’s more, it has a safety lock to keep the knife off when it is plugged in.
- Perfect for bread slicing
- Two-year warranty
- Ergonomically designed handle
- Easy to remove blades and easy to clean them too
- Safety lock
- More expensive than other models in the market
- No storage case
5. Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Carving Knife 74275 Set
TheHamilton Beach Classic Electric Carving Knife74275 is a set that includes a storage case, a fork, and stainless steel blades. The blades are sharp and never require to be sharpened. They deliver sharp cuts and slices consistently.
The blades are easy to remove making cleaning them easy. Just as importantly, the knife comes at a bargain price.
The handle is ergonomically designed for comfort and control when slicing and cutting.
- The knife is inexpensive
- It is easy to remove the blade for cleaning
- Storage case
- Sharp blades
- Handle can be slippery with greasy hands-grease from the meat you are cutting
6. Rapala- 227856 Electric Fillet KnifeHeavy Duty
If you want a heavy-duty knife, this is the unit to consider. It is designed with three times the power and twice the speed of regular electric fillet knives. It has 7 1/2″ blades which are a substantial size to slice and cut through most meats, fish, and bread. The blades are easy to remove and also easy to clean because they are dishwasher safe.
The good thing is that the knife is made of high-quality materials for durability.
- One year warranty
- The knife and blades are durably constructed
- Dishwasher safe blades
- It is a heavy duty unit with three times more torque and twice the speed of regular electric knives
- Accessories eg serving fork and or storage case are not provided
- More pricey than other brands in the market
7. Mister Twister EFILM Electric Knife Green/Yellow120V
Although the Mister Twister EFILM Electric Knife is branded as a fish filleting, you can use it to cut and slice meats and bread with the same precision. The knife comes at a bargain price, and not only that, it is covered by the manufacturer’s one year warranty.
The knife features a blade release design for convenient removal of the blade. In addition, it has a safety lock to keep the knife safe when it is plugged in.
- One year warranty
- Blade release feature
- Safety lock
- Accessories like a storage case are not included
8. Nutri Chef Electric Carving Slicer Kitchen Knife –Electric-Knife01
You can use this electric knife to cut a wide variety of foods, vegetables, and fruits including cheese, bread and different types of meat. You can rely on this knife’s precision performance to give you consistent slices.
The knife comes with a convenient stand. The order includes other accessories namely a wooden storage block and two stainless steel blades. The blades are durably constructed.
For safety, the knife has a safety lock. Besides it is an affordable unit that will not break the bank.
- It is very affordable
- It has a safety lock
- Durably constructed blades
- The knife cuts with precision
- Wooden storage block
- Not indicated which one is the bread blade
9. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife, Sturdy Neat Case Stainless Steel Blade
The features of this knife turn meat cutting into an easy task. The knife is ergonomically designed which gives you full control when working with it.The blades are sharp providing precise and uniform cuts.
At 2.24 pounds it is light enough to balance in the hands. Just as importantly, the knife is easy to detach from the blades and clean them.
The order comes with two stainless steel blades, a carving fork, and a storage case. The knife comes at a medium price point.
- Sharp blades
- A storage case and carving fork included
- Ergonomic design and a balanced weight
- Easy to clean
- There are cheaper brands in the market
10. Nutri Chef PKELKN8 Upgraded Electric Knife Premium 8.9″ Carving Knife
You can serve your Thanksgiving dinner with no hassles, thanks to the power of an electric knife. The NutriChefPKELKN8 Upgraded Electric Knife Premium boasts many features.
First and foremost, the knife comes at a very low price point.
Secondly, it has serrated blades that are sharp providing precise cuts through meats consistently. In addition to that, it is ergonomically designed to give you an easy grip.
What’s more, the easy blade removal design makes washing the blades convenient.
- Very inexpensive
- Sharp serrated blades
- Easy blade removal design
- Ergonomically designed
- Storage case not included
The Buying Guide
There are many benefits of investing in these essential knives. First off, because they are electric, you can solely concentrate on the knife placement so you can make better cuts.
Another plus with these knives is that they typically come with detachable blades. This is not a possibility with conventional knives.
Some factors to keep in mind when shopping for an ideal carving knife include:
Corded vs Cordless – Go for a cordless knife if portability is a top priority to you. Stick to a cordless knife if you’ll mainly be working from the comfort of your kitchen at home.
Material – As for the material, we recommend using the stainless steel variety. It works quite well and is also rust-resistant.
Blade Length – This is entirely a matter of preference but generally, 7 to 9 inch is the average length that most people prefer.
Maintenance – Look for a knife that’s easy to clean and maintain. If the knife has a warranty coverage, that makes it even better to invest in.
Which One Is The Best?
The Hamilton Beach Electric Knife 74250R White Carve ‘n Set is our best pick because not only is it affordable but we also find it quite easy to use. The said knife is also quite easy to clean up and maintain.
You can never go wrong by investing in a well-made electric carving knife. It can make your time in the kitchen even more pleasurable and rewarding. That said, it’s our hope that the insights offered above will come in handy in helping you make the right find today.